My Gratitude List
I suffered an injury to my back in March and my world has been different ever since. Despite the pain and inconvenience, I have chosen to compose my gratitude list. This exercise has been most rewarding and uplifting because there is so very much to be thankful for.
God’s Many Blessings!
Give thanks in all circumstances; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you. 1 Thessalonians 5:18
On the night of April 3rd following cortisone shot, I lay in bed trying to go to sleep and my mind was flooded with thankfulness. Here is what I am thankful for:
- My husband for all that he does for me and for his working from home to look after me.
- The sound of my husband snoring because it meant that I am not alone
- My mom’s sound advice and help and having followed it & I benefited
- Friends that prayed for me and I know that God heard their pleas.
- Even for the lonely Mockingbird singing after 11:30pm to way past midnight.
- The doctors and nurses that had to put up with me when I was hurting and complaining
- The fellow Christian blogger who did not know me but cared enough to send me her book on Help and Hope while You’re Healing; Thank you, Christine Carter
- The community of fellow Christian bloggers that prayed for me though they did not know me
- Pastor Crowe who brought me communion
- Kay Gray who came for a visit
- Dee who helped me more than once; her kindness is beyond words.
- Most especially, my brother-in-love who brought my sister and my niece for a visit
- My two young men who have helped fix and prepare dinners and helped me in many ways to include cleaning house.
- The one night which I slept well since I injured my back
- The friends that offer to help in anyway and the emails and Facebook replies.
- The faith that God has given me through Jesus Christ, His Son
I Give Thanks!
Dear Lord God, I cannot begin to give You enough thanks for the many blessings that You have given to me. You alone are worthy of all my worship and praise. Please bless all my friends and family. In Jesus’ name, Amen!