Keep it Simple!
Sometimes, it is best to keep things simple. For example, my husband’s anniversary card stated his thoughts and feelings in five uncomplicated words. Yet, it was quite touching. It read, “God Knew I needed you.”
The message of the cross is that simple, too. All one needs to do to receive eternal life is to look to the cross of Christ. “And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, so must the Son of Man be lifted up, that whoever believes in Him may have eternal life,” John 3:14-15. I learned in Bible Study Fellowship that eternal life means a changed life now and spend eternity with Jesus in the next. It is just that simple as to look to the cross. However, people make things more complicated by putting in their rules and expectations.
The straightforward act of believing in Jesus does many things. Believing in Him,
- You have eternal life, will not come into judgment but have passed from death to life. John 5:24
- Though you were dead, yet you shall live. John 11:25
- You may not remain in darkness. John 12:46
- You may have life through His name. John 20:31
- You receive forgiveness through His name. Acts 10:43
- You are freed from everything from which you could not be freed by the law of Moses. Acts 13:39
- You will not be put to shame. Romans 9:33
- Will make you wise for salvation through faith in Christ Jesus. 2 Timothy 3:15
- You are born of God. 1 John 5:1
Therefore, something so simple has great rewards. How amazing is that? This is what is confusing to the world because the world believes that the simple is stupid. God uses the simple to shame the wise. Won’t you make the effortless action of looking to Jesus?